Our wool wash only comes in a -lanolin free- version now. It gives a deeper clean and we found most all customers follow up with a lanolin soak anyways.
- Rinse your wool item gently in tepid water or a basin of water to flush out any urine and/or dirt particles.
- Then fill your wash basin with lukewarm to warm water and add approx 2-3 tsp wool wash depending on how large your item is or how much washing you need to do.
- Gently squeeze the wool wash through the item carefully, giving gentle extra attention where needed. You can let the woolies soak for 20-30 minutes if you'd like.
- Drain the bath and give a nice rinse.
- Squeeze out some water and then place your woolie item flat on a towel and roll it up nice and tight. Squeeze it all around to push every bit of water out.
- Unroll and redo in a dry spot on the towel if necessary. Then unroll again and lay them flat to dry or continue on with your lanolizing routine.
- For information on how to emulsify and lanolize, there is a short video here